Friday, October 29, 2004

What will i do after graduation?!

we'll i'm going to be on my way to choir rehearsal in a minute...it's 5:24pm now, and it starts at 6 pm...i'm just siting in the library wasting time, knowing that i shouldve been doing some work....i went to career counseling today, and it went well. This was the i think 3rd or 4th session i've been to. We talked about what things i can ask the person incharge of creative writing at my school about the program...this is my 5th year of college i'm in, and i am graduating this may, but i still dont really know what i want to do.

I am a theater major, but i dont really like theater anymore. I started off wanting to do technical stuff in theater like lighting and scenic stuff like building the set and other things...then i got bored with that and switched to radio/television. As i posting a a post about a year ago, i talked about how that didnt work out and how i'm back in theater. I switched back to theater to graduate, but it's not what i really want to do. I'm focusing on playwriting now. I took a intro to creative writing class this past spring semester and now i'm taking Short Playwriting. The short playwriting class is going ok, and i think i'm getting better in my work. There are Grad students and Doctoral students in the class in addition to the undergrad students. Next semester i will be taking the long playwriting class. In the undergrad theater program at my school however, they only offer 2 playwriting classes, which isnt enough.

I've been thinking alot lately about teaching, so i think i should pick up a 2nd BA in English. I would like to do creative writing and go to grad school for that and obtain a MFA in Creative Writing. So i'm thinking that i can pick up a 2nd BA in English and writing more stories and plays and submit that work to a graduate program that i like. I'm thinking about going to another school for grad school, which people have been telling me to do, but i'm scared to. I've gotten so comfortable here in Carbondale, which i'm surprised that i have because i use to hate being down here and wanted to go back to Chicago, but i'm comfortable here now. I do eventually want to go back to chicago, but it maybe good for me to go away to grad school in another state.

I figure that i can teach and writing plays and short stories on the side. I havent decided on what grade i would like to teach. Maybe high school would be a good start, but then i start to think about when i was in h.s and i dont think i can deal with silly teenagers....but i was thinking what age would be a good age to reach a child before they get into their teenage years and not want to listen to anyone? Maybe 5th or 6th grade would be a good age group, from 10-12 years old....i dont know, but hopefully God will help me to figure it out. I have to catch this bus for choir rehearsal, i'll post again next week, if any of ya'll are actually reading this, peace :)

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger editor said...

I'm reading this. Keep sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home