Thursday, December 09, 2004

Just read it

This is a song we learned by Richard Smallwood, for our women's conference this past summer, but never got to sing it. The Spirit was so high in church during service after the first song, we never got around to singing this song, the second one, because folks was shouting, lol, and the preacher just went right into preaching and laying hands. But here is the song, i still want us to sing it, it's a very beautiful song about just thanking God and Jesus for just all that they do for us, despite of what we do:

Thank You- Richard Smallwood


Verse 1:
For the many times I've fallen
Yet You forgave me
Thank You, Lord I thank You
For unmerited favor
And Your brand new mercies
Thank You, how I thank You

Refrain:
For waking me up this morning
For letting me see
One more dawning
Thank You, Lord, I thank You
I thank you Lord, ooh

Verse 2:
For life health and strength
For food and for shelter
Thank You, Lord I thank You
If I had ten thousand tongues
It just wouldn't be enough to say
Thank You, how I thank You

(Refrain)

Vamp:(Solo* call and response w/ Choir#)
*For saving...
#For saving my soul
*And making...
#For making me whole
*For calming...
#For calming my fears
*And wiping...
#For wiping my tears
*And let me know...
#And letting me know...
*That I...I'm not alone
#I'm not alone
*For waking...
#For waking me up this morning
*For letting me see
#For letting me
*Just one more dawning
#One more dawning
*Ooh thank You...
#Thank You
*Lord, I wanna say
#Thank You
*You've done so much
#Thank You
*Lord, that's all I can say
#Thank You
*You allowed me to see another day
#Thank You
*Of no goodness of my own
#Thank You
*But it was by Your mercy, it was by Your grace
#Thank You
*It was by Your love, it was by Your patience, Lord I wanna thank You
#Thank You
*I was sinking deep down in sin
#Thank You
*Far from the peaceful shore
#Thank You
*But the master of the sea...of the sea
#Thank You
*He heard my despairing cry
#Thank You
*Hey, from the waters, from the waters, from the waters
#Thank You
*From the waters, from the waters, from the waters, from the waters
#Thank You
*He lifted me up...and I wanna thank you He lifted me up
#Thank You
*I should've been dead sleeping in my grave
#Thank You
*All alone I wanna thank You
#Thank You
*Thank You Jesus, is anybody here grateful thank you Jesus
#Thank You
*When I wanna say thank You Lord
#Thank You

I thank You Lord, oooooo

lyrics provided by: Black Gospel Lyrics

Listen to a clip of the song here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home